Most of the air fresheners you could buy in a supermarket contain so many chemicals, that could be harmful for your health, especially if you’re allergic to pollen and some medicines.
Making your own home air purifying freshener has many benefits:
- saving money
- making a healthy product with all known ingredients
- learning a new skill
- choosing a fragrance that really suits you
To begin with, I’ve made a list with the most popular natural oils that you could find in any store, and their health benefits:
- basil helps with headaches and eye pressure
- rosemary improves memory and boost the brain function
- lavender is a natural calming remedy and improves sleep
- lemon calms anxiety and is a natural antidepressant
- sage improves the whole metabolism
- clove oil helps with respiratory problems and nasal congestion
Other ingredients you will need are:
- a spray bottle
Simple ingredients make a simple making! First of all, take a tablespoon of your chosen natural oil and mix it with half a teacup of vinegar. Then add 400 ml of water. Mix it all together in the spray bottle. And there you go!