Smoking, eating too much fast food and other fatty foods, as well as too much sweets is bad for the health (and the appearance as well)!
With the computers taking over the world, they are incorporated in almost every single job in the world, making it easier. But on the other hand, they are making people lazier and unhealthier. Why? Because of the bad habit of siting and worsening the body posture and the spine, most of all.
And, here’s the real scary thing: we are not getting enough just by sitting at the desk at work for the whole day – we come home and turn on the TV, “enjoying time with the family”.
This “phenomena” ,scientifically called “sedentary behavior” can cause serious troubles for our health, such as diabetes and MAJOR cardiovascular problems, which can eventually lead to early and sudden death.
Here are some of the many consequences that come along with prolonged sitting:
- breast cancer among women over 35 is more occasional to happen, especially those women who work at an office or women who are housewives, a study published in American Journal suggested
- among men and women, lung and endometrial cancer is more likely to happen if they sit for too much every day, mostly due to the pressure on the lungs the body creates when it’s sitting
- slow metabolism and irregular stool is a problem for 85% of the people who sit at their desks at work, according to the same study
- the body becomes disfigured: abs shorten, along with the hips, muscle calves become weak which leads to poor balance and increased risk of injuries
- obesity comes hand in hand with sitting at the desk or watching too much TV. And 92% of the people who have obesity problems also suffer from some kind of cardiovascular disease, which can be a deadly combination
- prolonged sitting on a daily bases can also increase the risk of herniated lumbar disks, because of the increased pressure to the spine
- not only that it slows down the bowel, but prolonged sitting slows down the complete organism – because of the reduced flow of oxygen in our brains, every command is postponed and everything is slowed down
According to Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D. one of the leading people in the study, “When you sit, you distort the natural curve of the spine, which means your back muscles have to do something to hold your back in shape because you’re no longer using the natural curves of the spine to lift yourself up against gravity.”
Do you need any more reasons to spend at least your free time in different activities that don’t include sitting down?