Most of us eat 3 meals in a day. But also, many of us not always get to eat on time. And there are many of us who can’t wait for the next meal and need to grab a bite.
Chips, salty snacks, crackers are as quick as opening the package. But they are “empty calories” our body doesn’t need, but our appetite needs to be satisfied.
Here are some healthy alternatives.
- Nuts – walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds and a bunch more! They all contain amino acids that are absolutely necessary for our body and are bakes, not fried like most of the unhealthy snacks we usually grab.
- Bacon-avocado fries – try this delicious and faster cooking alternative of the regular potato french fries when your body is aching for fries.
- Chips alternatives – kale chips, banana chips, apple chips are tasty potato chips alternatives. They are low in calories and you can also add a dressing without hesitation or guilt
- Cucumber slices with hummus – cucumber is practically water, and hummus can make you feel full.
- Boiled eggs – eggs are very nutritional and rich in proteins, and they are also a fast snack. Just add some spices and eat 2 eggs next time you feel hungry!
- Banana – this super fruit is full of potassium and, asides from the avocado, is a fruit that can actually keep you full for a longer time, at least until your next meal
- A whey protein shake – it is scientifically proven that these shakes make you feel really full, while, at the same time, help in the creation of new muscle tissue.
- Berries – blueberries, cranberries, goji berries, are an excellent source of fiber and needed nutrients that improve the health of blood vessels and the whole cardiovascular system.
What do you snack when you feel hungry? Do you grab the first thing on your hand or have a healthier alternative we haven’t mentioned above? Share with us in the comments below.