A rule for a happy life – never do ANYTHING if it doesn’t come naturally to you, if it doesn’t feel good for you, and if doesn’t bring you any joy and happiness. Sure, we’ve all been “hooked” by someone who meant more to us than we would ever mean to them, but eventually, that “hook” goes away. And this article is for all of you who still haven’t woke up to start seeing things clearly. Gossip, bad looks and people avoiding you shouldn’t be a reason for you to do anything you don’t want to! Period!
- Buying expensive gifts because you fear rejection or the opinion that you are “cheap” or poor.
- Travelling to a place, on a trip or vacation you would never go to, because you really hate that place or the activities it offers. You would be bored, you would have to pretend to be happy and amazed, and in the end, that shallow pretending wouldn’t be appreciated, but also, you will be found guilty for not being “in the moment”….
- Trying absolutely silly things, that make you feel embarrassed, uncomfortable, or even sick, just to please someone. This goes from going to parties that don’t suite you, to trying foods and restaurants that you would never eat in!
- Show off with every single detail of your relationship on social media, just because you feel insecure about your partner and your relationships suffers deep issues. This will not make him or her love you, nor it will stop them from living their lives in the way they imagine and the people they imagine it with…it will only make you look silly and desperate!
- Changing to the point you couldn’t recognize yourself. It is normal to change and adapt in a relationship, a marriage, or a roommate situation. But adapting to the point of losing yourself completely is a big NO and you shouldn’t put up with it for no one – not even for your born mother! This is equal with abandoning your dreams. And if you don’t have a goal, what’s your passion for life then? Continuing pleasing someone else?
And for all of you who are used to pleasing all people in your life, family and friends, not only your partner – I really hope you’re not going to wake up one day and want to restart your life, because that is impossible.