Baking soda, or chemical formula NaHCO3 is a world wide used substance.
Besides being beneficial for stomach acid and helping the gut to process heavy protein foods – it has a dozen of others beneficial uses in your everyday life.
- Makes dry and hard skin softer – instead of buying expensive and chemical substances and body scrubs, you could save money and achieve better results with the use of baking soda. Mix three equal parts of baking soda, one part of water and one part of sugar – preferably brown. The water should be warm, but not too hot. Then, soak the body part with hard skin – usually the feet, heels, elbows and hands, for the time until the water becomes cold. Rinse off and apply cream or some natural oil.
- For a healthier scalp – if you want to treat your hair with special shampoos, but they irritate your scalp or neck – just add 3 tablespoons of baking soda in the shampoo to neutralize the chemicals inside, but still make them active for your hair.
- Teeth whitening – to save money on dental services that cost so much, as well as other teeth whitening products you could buy in a store – there is baking soda! Just scrub off your teeth with baking soda after you’ve washed your teeth with a toothpaste – it will whiten the teeth and prevent the appearance of caries.
- Anti acne cream – you can make a DIY beauty skin for treating acne and redness on your face. Just add a few drops in the baking soda powder, to make it thick as paste and apply it on your face. Let it stay for some time before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Treating vaginal infections and bacteria – baking soda neutralizes the smell and the environment, killing the bacteria surrounding the place. It is a native remedy for unwanted odor from your vagina and treating the most common vaginal bacteria – candida.