Almost all the plants are seasonal – that’s how we have summer and winter fruits. Not every plant requires the same environment, weather and humidity to exist.
But, there are also plants that when seeded, only live for a year, and there are plants who once seeded – live forever. These are called perennial plants and are the easiest plants to grow, since they don’t acquire much work with seeding and preparing the fields for them every single season.
If you’re a “wannabe gardener” or “a gardener to be” – perennial plants are the right thing for you!
Here are some of them…
- Artichokes – belong in the perennial family, but they naturally only give birth to plants for about half a decade – nothing more.
- Asparagus – this “alien plant” which is also considered one of the super foods is very hard to nurture, as it requires dry weather, yet, very sunny, but cooler on the other hand. If you manage to have the right weather for this plant, it will give you eatable gifts every season without the need to re-plant it!
- Kale – this super food is a perennial plant and is considered to be among the vegetables that are the easiest to grow, since the leaf is its very product! However, make sure that the soil is always rich in nitrogen!
- Watercress – in nature, this plant is found around cool and humid places, such as small mountain rivers and creeks. If you want to plant it around your garden and enjoy its benefits for many years to come – you should bury a container inside the ground, that will serve as a holder for the water.
- Blueberries – this sour-sweet fruit usually grows on high grounds – old mountains, up to 1700 meters. However, they can also be groomed in your garden – since they are a bushy plant.
- Rhubarb – doesn’t acquire a lot of water. That’s it!
- Horseradish – this highly adaptable vegetable acquires fertile soil and a lot of sunlight – but it also has many variations, because it would rather adapt than to die if the weather isn’t as planned.